Our sensory garden rebuild is underway. We are excited by our new design concept which will feature garden beds dedicated to the senses of sight, smell, sound, taste, and touch. We will also have a labyrinth for meditation. Comfortable benches will invite guests to reflect and enjoy. This fall, the Boy Scouts of Guilford, Connecticut will soon begin building a gazebo adjacent to the sensory garden.
We are inviting volunteer groups to help with the rebuild. The following dates are available:
- September 1, 2017 – Sight Garden
- September 8, 2017 – Smell Garden
- September 15, 2017 – Taste Garden
- September 22, 2017 – Touch Garden
- September 29, 2017 – Sound Garden
- October 6, 2017 – Rose Perimeter Planting
- October 13, 2017 – Rain Date Make-Up
- October 20, 2017 – Volunteer Appreciation Party
A sensory garden is specifically organized into different garden beds that are dedicated to inspiring the different senses. The garden can be both therapeutic and educational for a variety of individuals, particularly those with disabilities whose sensory responses are impacted. We invite you to visit our sensory garden and learn more.