Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of business is Roses for Autism?
We are a social services, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization registered in the state of Connecticut.
- Where are you located?
We are located at the Pinchbeck Rose Farm at 929 Boston Post Road, in Guilford, Conn.
- What is your relationship with the Pinchbeck Rose Farm?
Tom Pinchbeck, fourth generation rose grower is our head grower and Director of Operations. Roses for Autism leases the property we use from Pinchbeck, Inc.
- Are purchases of flowers and other products tax-deductible?
No, because the flower business within our non-profit organization is a business and customers receive goods in exchange of their purchase. Donations, however, are tax-deductible, for example sponsoring students to receive Discover Learn Work Career Training Services, as well as any donation you might make at the end of your transaction. All profits we do make from the flower business are redirected into Discover Learn Work Career Training Services.
- How many employees do you have?
Today the company employs 25 full-time and part-time workers in an inclusive work environment, with 30% of employees on the autism spectrum. Our goal is to continue that ratio as we grow and expand, and we will post job openings online on an as-needed basis.
- How can I apply for a job at Roses for Autism?
Applicants can apply online by going to our Employment Opportunities to see what positions we have available.
- I have purchased flowers on RosesForAutism previously and have noticed a price difference. Why have the prices changed?
We have recently launched a new e-commerce site with an all-new product line and have re-evaluated our pricing structure to align with our in-house, retail sales.